Listening to Your Windows: Your Commercial Property is Sending a Message
Windows are a vital part of any commercial property. They allow for sunlight to enter the building, they give residents or employees a view of the outside world, and they can even help with energy costs when they’re installed properly. Bright, new clean windows are a way of telling the world that your commercial entity is honest, cheerful, and welcoming. Dirty or old windows, however, have a way of communicating something else. They can lead to the impression that your commercial property is abandoned or otherwise damaged. Broken and dirty windows can invite crime and vandalism.
The solution, then, is to keep your windows new and clean. Sometimes that means repairing broken windows and sometimes that means installing brand new windows. On a commercial property—whether a warehouse structure or a sprawling apartment complex—this can mean a substantial investment of both money and time. However, when it comes to protecting your commercial property and projecting your commercial identity, this investment is worth it. Especially when you can rely on a company such as Exterior Contracting, Inc, to get the job done right and repair or install windows properly.
Keys to Professional Window Installation and Repair
Windows must be repaired or replaced properly in order to ensure that more damage to your property does not occur. After all, windows are specially designed breaches in your property’s defenses (the walls or roof, basically). In order to ensure that your windows do not cause preventable damage to your structures, we make sure to address the following:
- Waterproofing: Your windows must be watertight in order to ensure that water does not get into your structure and begin to deteriorate that structure.
- Insulation: It’s important your windows be energy efficient. While many windows today are built to keep warm air in during the winter and cool air in during the summer, these innovations amount to nothing if the window is not installed properly.
- Durability: You want to make sure that your window is going to stay in place. That it will stand up to the elements. We install windows to make sure they are able to do just that.
This is, of course, not an exhaustive list, and every property may require additional time and steps. At a minimum, however, we’ll make sure that your new windows are watertight, insulated, and durable across your entire property.
Investment in Commercial Window Replacement and Repair
One of the most common questions we get about commercial window replacement and repair in the Twin Cities seems like a pretty simple one: how much is it going to cost? The reality is somewhat more complex, as there are many factors that can increase and decrease the cost of any given project. Some of the following are variables that can effect the cost of a project:
- Number of windows: Vast apartment complexes have a lot of windows, and if you’re looking to have them all changed at once, that will drive up costs. Some labor savings can be found in efficiencies inherent to such large jobs (equipment rentals, specialized tasks, window discounts, etc), however, so it’s important to get an accurate estimate if you’re looking for a large job. Additionally, many property managers choose to replace windows on a rotating basis in order to save on annual costs.
- Timeline of the project: As alluded to in the previous point, the overall timeline of the project will impact the overall cost. There are some efficiencies which come with scale, but those efficiencies can be balanced against how much you’re looking to invest at any one time. Sometimes you can save costs by stretching out a timeline, and sometimes the opposite is true.
- The complexity of the project: Are you looking to have skylights installed on your roof? Or just windows on you exterior walls? Are you sticking with windows that are the current size or are you trying to make room for bigger and brighter windows? All of these are variables that can impact the overall bottom line of a project. However, many commercial properties love the added light that comes with bigger and better windows.
- The type of window you select: Today there are so many window options that it’s easy to find budget options and easy to find high-end options. Depending on your project, you may select a budget option, or a mixture of both, or a purely high-end product. However, especially if you have many windows to replace, the product you select will have a direct impact on the cost of the overall project. That said, many high end products pay off in the long run, while many budget options might leave you wanting in a few years time. The budget decision here needs to be balanced with your long-term goals.
Protect Your Commercial Property
Windows do a great job of letting in light, conserving energy, and even heating the place up a bit in the winter (assuming you’re using energy-efficient windows). If you’re worried that your broken or dirty windows aren’t sending the right message for your commercial property, contact Exterior Contracting, Inc., and we’ll generate an estimate for your project.
Windows can make a world of difference. Contact us today to get started!